Thursday, June 24, 2010

quilled card




      My elder son Abinesh turned fifteen today. I wanted to quill a card that would be very special. My inspiration for this card is of course Yulia .
      My son has a great sense of humour. He surprises me by being able to talk just about anything. He loves reading books and is like all other boys, crazy about cars, electronic gadgets and football.
       I have quilled lot of shapes like a car , a balloon , a kite.. and then lot of shapes like triangle , rectangle ,squares and circles for this card.For most parts I must admit I have filled it up with swirls and curls.Like I always say anything quilled is beautiful.
 It was lot of work and I truly believe that a talent like Yulia's is very rare.

8 comments:

Manasa said...

Hey Suganti ,
This is extremely beautiful...Love your use of colours and neatness involved...Without the neatness it would not mean anything...
But this is sooooooo beautiful... :)

kavitha said...

wow,lovely splash of colors.I am sure ur son will love it:)

Ann Martin said...

I really love this! It has a nice contemporary look and the colors are great. I spy a little heart tucked in too. :-)

SUGANTHI said...

Thank you all so much!! Its wonderful to be appreciated by such talented people.

Nela said...

Love your card very much :D

SUGANTHI said...

Thank you Nela!

Abinesh Kumar said...

thanks mom for such a great card for my birthday.it was great and really gives people an insight of who i am

✿ n0ra ✿ said...

LOVE it! What is thickness/weight of the paper you use to line the alphabets? GUess ABI loves it too ;)